Sohar Environmental Unit
We work with the Sohar Environmental Unit (SEU) – a department that’s part of the Ministry of Environment and Climate Affairs (MECA) – to ensure that our surroundings are protected for us all to enjoy in the future.
The SEU provides tenants of SOHAR Port and Freezone with practical information such as permit procedures, environmental management, and technical issues. SEU coordinates requests for permits and licenses (new and renewals) with MECA. SEU works to advise companies about the sustainable development of SOHAR Port and Freezone and how this is implemented through the Beyond Regulatory Control (BRC) mechanism that results in implementation of Best Available Techniques (BAT).
Omani Environmental Regulations, International References Documents and SEU Guidance Notes
To ensure your company is working in line with SOHAR Port and Freezone, you can download Omani Environmental Regulations, International References Documents and SEU Guidance Notes by clicking this link
SEU Guidance Notes
The guidance notes* given are documents issued by the SEU that gives information about specific requirements for a variety of environment topics.
- Handling Turtles in SOHAR Port
- Hazardous Waste Storage at Liwa
- Non Hazardous Industrial Waste Storage at Sohar
- Import, Export, Usage, Handling and Storage of Chemical Substances at SOHAR Port and Freezone
- Waste Management at SOHAR Port and Freezone
- Environmental Review for SOHAR Freezone Companies
- Requirements for EIA, ER, IPPC and Seveso II
- Industrial Safety for SOHAR Port and Freezone
- Environmental Performance Reporting
- Water Management
- On-site Storage of Industrial Waste
- Incident Reporting to SEU
*The information provided is not necessary the formal point of view of MECA.